1. There will be three, 10 minute, stop clock periods.
2. If the game is tied after regulation, there will be a three round shootout. If still tied after three rounds, each team will go an additional round until we have a winner. Players can only shoot once, a player cannot shoot a second time until all shooters on his/her team have taken an attempt.
3. Wins are worth 2 points. Losses are worth 0 points. Shootout wins are worth 2 points. Shootout losses are worth 1 point.
4. Each team receives 1 timeout per game.
1. Each may have up to 18 players on their roster.
2. Any roster change made after the first game must be approved by North Hills Dek Management.
3. Players are not allowed to be rostered on multiple teams in the same league, this includes goalies, without prior approval.
4. A team may pick up as many players as they need to play a game as long as they have 3 rostered players playing in the game. Players being picked up may not exceed the talent level of the league.
5. Teams may only pick up players to make up to 7 players and may not exceed the bench of the other team. Example, if your team is short and the opposing team only has 6 players you can only add enough guys to make 6 players. THIS DOES NOT APPLY FOR PLAYOFFS!
6. Goalies can fill in within their league but may not exceed the talent level of the teams regular goalie. THIS DOES NOT APPLY FOR PLAYOFFS! Judgement based upon North Hills Dek Hockey Staff.
7. YOU MAY ONLY USE ROSTERED PLAYERS FOR PLAYOFF GAMES, WHO HAVE PLAYED A MINIMUM OF THREE GAMES, GOALIES ARE SUBJECT TO NORTH HILLS DEK HOCKEY STAFF APPROVAL.
1. All players under the age of 18, are required to wear the following Shin Guards, Helmet with shield or cage + mouthguard, Gloves, Elbow pads(recommended)
2. All players 18 and over are required to wear the following Shin Guards, Gloves
1. Minor penalties are 1 minute long.
2. Major Penalties are 2.5 minutes long. All major penalties are subject to a review and a possible suspension. All major penalties also result in a game misconduct. The player must leave the dek immediately.
3. Any player receiving their 3rd minor penalty of the game will also be given a game misconduct.
4. Any intent to injure another player, whether the player gets injured or not, will be subject to a review and a possible suspension.
5. Any player who leaves the bench during an altercation will be subject to a review and a possible suspension.
6. Any player who fights with another person will be immediately ejected and will be subject to a review and suspension.
7. Players are allowed to close their hand on the ball, but can’t take a step with it.
8. Offsides will be called, the center ice line is considered the offsides line. Touchup offsides is allowed.
9. Icing will be called, once the ball passes the goal line, the whistle will blow.
10. Suspensions. The length of a suspension can be anywhere from 1 game to a lifetime suspension.
11. Any player who is suspended may appeal his/her suspension within 7 days by contacting John or Zach at North Hills Dek Hockey.
12. Physical or verbal abuse of an official will result in a review/suspension
13. If a team does not show up for a game and doesn’t notify in advance, the team may be removed from the league and no league fees will be returned.
14. Any team or player that drops out of a league will not be refunded. They will owe $55 a game, plus a $50 team removal fee.
1. Playoff seeding is determined by total team points.
2. If 2 teams have the same amount of points, the tiebreaker will be head to head points
3. The 2nd tiebreaker is total goals scored in the head to head matchups
4. The 3rd tiebreaker is total regulation wins
5. The 4th tiebreaker is total goals scored in the season
6. The 5th tiebreaker is a coin toss
7. If 3 or more teams have the same amount of points, the tiebreaker goes straight to total regulation wins
8. The 2nd tiebreaker is total goals scored in the season
9. The 3rd tiebreaker is a coin toss
10. All playoff series are one game elimination, adult finals are now a best of three series, youth are best of 1.
11. Playoff brackets will be determined by the number of teams in each league. In some instances, the #1 and/or #2 seeds will receive a first round bye. In a 9, 10, 11 team league, the last place teams will miss the playoffs, the top 8 will advance.
12. Only roster players who have participated in at least 3 regular season games are eligible to play in the playoffs. Exceptions may be made for goaltenders and injured players, but must be approved first by John or Zach at North Hills Dek Hockey.
13. There are no shootouts in the playoffs. All ties will be decided in sudden death 10 minute periods.
1. Player statistics will be calculated after each game and posted on the Cranberry Dek Hockey website.
2. Goals, assists, points, and GWG will be calculated. Career stats may be kept for players as well.
3. Goaltending statistics will be GAA, Wins, and shutouts.
Career stats may be kept for players as well.
6 individual awards will be given each season for each league.
1. Top Scorer. This is the player with the highest amount of goals and assists.
2. Top Defenseman. This is the best defensive player voted by the staff at Cranberry Dek Hockey. Total points and overall play will be taken into consideration.
3. Top Goaltender. This is the best goalie voted by the staff at Cranberry Dek Hockey. Total wins, GAA, and Shutouts will be taken into consideration.
4. Hero Award. Player with the most GWG
5. Sniper Award. Player with the most Goals
6. Playmaker Award. Player with the most Assists